www.traineo.com appears to have the best features and website look and feel. My favorite tool is the My Stats page which shows your progress (or lack of) in startling charts and graphs. Here are the key features they offer for free:
- My Workout – easily track your daily workouts & calculate how many calories you’ve burned based on activity-type, duration and perceived effort.
- My Diet – common sense tells us that to lose weight we must eat healthily, but who has the time to log every bite of food? So instead of laborious diet logging, we ask you to gauge how good you’ve been using our “Diet Rating” system. Your generated “Diet Score” will guide you and help you progress over time
- My Stats – log your weight each day and get an instant update on how you’re progressing with ‘weight loss since last entry’, and ‘weight loss to date’.
- About Me - create your own profile, add photos, personalize your “about me” message, and enter your goal weight and goal time (all easily modified)
- My Messages – keep in contact with your motivators or traineo friends
- Reports – see detailed graphs as well as summaries of your progress over time
- Articles & Tips – get access to our latest training and diet articles
- Member Community – find new weight loss buddies in the traineo member area and chat in the traineo forums
SparkPeople has been around the longest and has been on national TV highlighting their success stories from people who have lost weight with the help of their online friends within the website. Their website doesn’t look as purty as some of the new kids on the block but they offer a great deal of useful tools for free. Besides, you can’t argue with success. Here are their free features:
FatSecret is similar to the other two sites and offers a ton of services for free including some new ones. Here’s what they got:
TheDailyPlate doesn’t offer nearly as many features but they are very strong when it comes to tracking what you eat and drink. Their visual water intake meter is clever.
Keep track of what you eat
Determine your daily goal
Calculate and log the calories you burn each day
SkinnyRonly offers one service but it does it really well. It will track your weightloss and display a chart like this:
Some of you might not want or need all of the bells and whistles offered by some of these sites while others prefer to have a one-stop shop that can handle everything with one visit.
It’s nice to see that the world W I D E web can actually help us get slimmer!